Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Our Baker Bunch Blockbuster!

My kids keep trying to convince me that we should volunteer to have a reality television series about our lives. We do have all the factors for reality TV: chaos, comedy, drama... we could certainly hold an audience captive. The journey of blending a divorced mother of one  and a windowed father of five all into a happy family united, trust me…NEVER a dull moment! A reality series about our lives?! If you know my husband, Brad you can be sure when I say, hell will freeze over before he allows a camera crew to follow him around his own home for weeks at a time. But as the thoughts are flowing, I often play into the fun suggesting that perhaps one day, when I actually write that book, Hollywood will no doubt beg to make a movie of it. I tease my kids describing which Disney or Hollywood star would play each of the bakers.

Brad- Bruce Willis, strong, sexy and, well…bald





Katelyn- Miley rae Cyrus (before her crazy sabbatical of strange behaviors)




Tyler and Kyle-Zach and Cody from "the suite life"






Annie- Hillary Duff, need I say more?



Avrie- Anna  from frozen




Olivia- Rapunzel from Tangled




Ok, the last two are obviously characters, not actors, but I still think they are pretty fitting! Anyhow, I was talking with my kids, fantasizing of the day my blog (which I haven't posted in for two plus years) becomes a best seller, then makes us millions as a blockbuster hit (what can i say, I'm a big thinker) Naturally after assigning everyone else a hollywood actress, my kids start debating who would play me in the major motion picture of the Baker Bunch. Katelyn (bless her heart) suggested Angelina Jolie. I liked the sound of it but told her she would have to play their (biological) mom since she was far to thin to play me. And that is when one of my boys so willingly piped up with a suggestion, I could be played by "Fat Amy". Well I am not as tall and thin as Angelina Jolie, but I was placing myself in more of a "J-Lo" category. Might I suggest Drew Barrymore…? Thanks, but no thanks! My boys are pretty witty and also very smart because no sooner than the idea escaped Tyler's lips he was repenting: "just kidding, just kidding, just kidding!" lucky for him, I did see the brilliance of his canny, and we all had a good laugh.





1 comment:

  1. Holy Crud! I love this idea and love even more the fact that you are going to update your blog "for reals!"

    ReplyDelete